"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative"

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Betting the Pot

This is gonna be a short rant....

I hate it when players push all-in when the pot isn't even worth betting for! At a cash game, holding K-Q off suit, UTG I raised double the big blind pre-flop. Everyone folds except this guy on my right who calls. Mind you, I've played with him lots of times during the BBC days and I know he can't play, but he loves to talk... TOO MUCH! about how much he rocks at Texas Hold'em. Let's call him Rover.. I've taken his mulah before and he'd always go home empty handed. Anywaaaaay, the flop is a rainbow of J-4-2. He checked and I sensed he didn't hit anything, so I bet P1oo. He goes all-in for P3000! So I quickly fold. We had a newbie sitting with us really eager to learn more about the game so Maverick brings up the subject of betting the pot and that one shouldn't risk his entire stack just for a mealsey pot. So I join in the chat and say, "If I had pocket pair Jacks, I would've cleaned him out, it wasn't worth it." "Of course it was worth it," Rover exclaims, with his higher-than-thou American acccent, "I stole your P300, didn't I?" Then he then proceded to ramble on and on and on about how HE bets and that he's the shiznizzz....

By the way, the newbie that Maverick and I taught in just 30 minutes, cleaned out the ENTIRE table. Including Rover, who went home with moths flying out of his wallet.

I love how you can mix justice and poker together, voila! Instant Karma! Yummmmm..

7 Comments:

Blogger Maverick said...

yeah you probably know. hehe. we dont see him anymore nowadays. doesnt play anywhere.

3:22 PM

 
Blogger Phatkath said...

come on guys, I kept it anonymous because I intent on keeping it anonymous. Okee dokee?

;)

3:26 PM

 
Blogger Phatkath said...

hahahahahaha!!

1:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

10:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Gay time share Fairfield+sale+share+time flights russia volvo wheel lock Trademark job in bensalem drink lemon juice for acne xenical story pharmacy Time share resale las vegas baccarat in win purchase didrex List parental control singapore air lines com Jvc dvd vcr players scenic flights over ga

11:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

3:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

2:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home