"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative"

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Reminiscing...

Wow, it took me forever to re-claim my blog site. I even wonder if people still read the adventures of the Germansnake, although this alias has hung her cape regarding her poker days. There was a time I dreamt, slept, ate, lived, sexed poker... I still miss those days. I'm proud the say that I was part of the pioneers that started the whole mania in Manila. Even helped and ran the JG Poker Tour back in the dinosaur era, with Miguel. Ah Miguel, he has gone places regarding poker... and I envy him. Envy him for sticking it out, envy him for the bonds that he built with the poker crew, envy him for doing what he loves, envy him for the places he's been and the things that he has done. I miss Manila, I miss poker, and I miss him. Yes, I know that it is safe enough to admit that here since nobody graces my blog anymore. He was the bestest friend I ever had and it eats my insides to think that I won't be able to re-claim our friendship again or any other friendship that I left behind on the felt. Will I be welcomed if I come back? Will they treat me like a stranger or an old friend? Being 27 has made my brain do a 180 about priorities... when I was 21, I looked ahead into the horizon, but turning 27 last month has made me look in the rearview mirror of my life; the mistakes I made (were they mistakes?), the choices I made (in love, in work, in friendships), all I think about is going back in time and asking God if I can have a ''do-over''. I read this fantastic book, I HIGHLY recommend it, called ''The Time Traveler's Wife''. No matter how much he goes back (or forward) into time, he can never change it. It's as if he's traveling through movie where he can only watch the events as they happen. The character, Henry, feels as though he's chasing time, and that's exactly how I feel, without the Chrono-Displacement Disorder. Crap, I just googled it and it's a freakin' movie already, why can't Hollywood just leave some things alone!! READ it first before you head to the theaters.
Feels great to blog again.

1 Comments:

Blogger giggles said...

I will never forget a sweet friend like you kat - Gail (former player of JG)

1:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home